Tuesday, October 13, 2015

This is all your fault


Hello folks and welcome to Wipitup where you'll always find something to tickle your fancy. I'd like to announce that the Wip I've been calling Deceptive Desires has now been released with a new title. 
The Demon's Woman. And now that it's no longer a Wip, I'll only be sharing a couple more excerpts from this one. I hope you enjoy. 

In this scene, the book that started all of this has been discovered and Amy is a little upset about her sister going with Landon to destroy it.

Clicking book will take you to amazon “Wait…” Amy said, pulling her hand from Landon’s as she looked at her sister. “No one said anything about vampires. Lany, you can’t go, Landon can get the book himself and bring it back.”

“Afraid not,” Marie said with a soft shake of her head. “Laynett must go with him, and destroy the book while he’s dealing with the vampires.”

“But if it’s daylight the vampires can’t get them,” Amy said, giving Marie an imploring look. “Lany, you can’t go,” she repeated, turning to her sister. “You’re not well enough yet. I’ll go instead.”

“You can’t,” Laynett stated firmly. “Isabella and the book must be destroyed together. I have to go.”

“Marie, please!” Amy said impatiently. “There must be another way.”

“Afraid not, child,” Marie said, a frown forming on her lips. “I’m sorry, but if we are to put an end to all of this, Landon and Laynett must be the ones to destroy the book.”

“Then I’m going too,” Amy said firmly.

“No,” Landon growled, giving her a determined look. “I won’t risk putting you in danger.”

“He’s right,” Marie added in. “I know it’s hard, but it has to be this way.”

Tears began to fill Amy’s eyes, and Landon wished he could hold and console her. “What’s going to happen once you have the book?” she asked, her voice quivering as she looked at her sister.

“Isabella and I will destroy it, putting an end to this curse for all of us.”

“And then what happens?”

Laynett lowered her eyes to her lap, clearly not wanting to explain that she wasn’t coming back.

“Marie?” Amy’s eyes went to the older woman who softly shook her head, unable to make eye contact. “You’re not planning to return, are you?” she asked, looking first at Landon then at her sister.

“Amy, you need to understand,” Laynett said, her voice filled with remorse.

“No!” her sister spouted, letting her tears fall. “I won’t allow it,” she blurted, the pitch of her voice rising. “I’ll have lost my whole family.” Her words came out in sobs. “You can’t do this to me, you just can’t.”

Landon reached for her shoulder, but she pulled away, standing up.
 

“This is all your fault,” she cried, glaring at him.

“It’s not his fault,” Laynett countered. “The fault lies with Isabella and Vod. They must be destroyed for the sake of all mankind. If that book survives—”

“I don’t care about the book or mankind,” she bellowed. “I can’t lose you, Lany.” Her face contorted into a twisted mess as she tried to control her emotions. “Please, think of me for once.” Amy dropped to her knees next to her sister’s chair. “You’re the only thing that’s kept me going after mama died the way she did. I swear, Laynett, without you around, I might just—”

“Don’t even say it!” Landon warned, his voice deep as he got up from his chair. “You and I need to have a private talk.” Putting a firm hand around her arm, he motioned her to get up, but she stiffened, pulling it away.

“Don’t touch me,” she cried. “I hate you!” she yelled, jumping to her feet so she could move further out of his reach.


“Landon, I think you should go for now,” Marie said. “Laynett and I will calm her down.”

“No,” he said firmly, glancing at Marie but for a moment before his attention went right back to Amy, who had her hands over her face, sobbing uncontrollably. “I’m not leaving her like this. Amy, you can either come willingly or I’ll have to carry you to the bedroom, but one way or another, you and I are having a talk.”


You think it's just going to be a talk, Mel? 

Ummm... I can't say, Yellow, but you might find out this Saturday on the #Satspanks blog hop. 

Thanks so much for stopping today folks. If you'd like your own copy of The Demon's Woman, please check out these E-tailors.  Amazon  Nook  All Romance  

8 comments:

  1. I suspect it may be a little bit more than a talk... it might even be a whole lot more juicy naughtiness than a talk... and rest assured I'll be checking out SATSPANKS to find out. Three days to go before I get my hands on naughtiness yellow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm - was there a snippet??? Cause all I saw was a hot naked chest.

    Somehow I suspect his definition of talk doesn't match the dictionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's talking, and there's Talking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm not waiting until Saturday! I MUST know! And since the book happens to be resting quietly on my Kindle ... (rubs hands together) ... I intend to find out very soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk, conversation, discussion, these dominant males and their euphemisms for spanking, they think they're being so subtle. Congrats on the new one Mel, and I'm with Daryl, can't stop staring at that chest! Dayum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought the book. This is a great time of year for a book like this! It is next up after the book I am currently reading. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off so I will sit back, relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jule... Hi, girl, how have you been? I'm so happy to see you here and hope you really enjoy the book. I hope your daughters doing well and has, or is close to receiving her degree ☺

      Delete