Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Because you asked for it!


Greetings fellow Wipsters, readers and fans.I've been doing a lot of sharing from my new release Claiming Crystal so today I thought I bring out something new. Well, it's not 100% new, it's a continuation of the short Halloween story I shared last year just for fun. But now, because you- the readers- liked it so well and asked for the rest of the story, I've decided to give you what you asked for and make it into a full length novel.

Blah, blah, blah... enough with the excuses, Melody. Just get on with it. 

Gee, thanks, Yellow. I missed you too. 

For those of you who may not know what story I'm referring to you can check out the first 4 excerpts with the links below. Tentatively titled Devious Deceptions the links below are an introduction leading up to today's excerpt. 
Part one Part two Part three Part four  Seriously folks, if you missed this last year... read it now, it's totally worth it. 

So the question on everyone's mind, including my own is what happens to Mary and her half human, half blood-demon child? Let's find out ☺

Twenty years later…

Landon Reed tossed and turned, his body burned from the inside out as images from his past haunted his slumber. The beautiful witch, Isabella, with her long red hair was making some strange incantation as she hovered over his mother with a dagger. He could see it all so clearly. The emerald jewel butt of the knife glowing green, pulsing steadily to the beat of his mother's heart. The shrill shrieking cry of his mother's voice filled his ears, his eyes widening in terror as the dagger plummeted down, sinking into her chest between her bare breasts.

"No," he’d yelled at the top of his lungs, watching her struggle in her bonds, her body thrashing, her back arching, then suddenly she was quiet, her body falling limp. Landon struggled in the chair the witch had tied him to, but the bonds around his wrists and ankles proved too much for a boy of only ten.

"It must be so," the witch said, turning to him, a vindictive smile corrupting her satiny lips as she licked his mother’s blood from the blade, stepping towards him. "Open your mouth, boy, taste her life force before it’s gone forever. Taste and see what your future holds, what you will become and why you must learn to feast on human blood."

"No," he’d spat, shaking his head, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I will not become evil like you, killing, sacrificing, and casting spells." A bittersweet laugh left her lips as she caressed his cheek with the tip of the blade. Anger welled up inside him unlike he’d ever felt before. He spat at her, narrowing his eyes into slits. Her mouth twitched as she brought her face close to his.


"You are of your father the devil and you will kill. You will feed, you will grow strong and you will use the power passed down to you to triumph over humankind. You will enslave young women and fill them with your seed, passing on the life-force that created you. You want this power, Landon. And you will take it, or else you too will die. Now be a good boy and open up."

Landon shook his head again, his lips pursed tight as the beautiful, yet vile creature, smeared his mother's blood along the seam of his lips. The sharp blade nicked his lower lip as he struggled to avoid the inevitable. As his mother's blood made contact with his, he felt his lip grow warm, the heat spreading until his entire face felt hot, sweat beading across his brow. Images of his father sprang to life behind his eyes, making him gasp as he saw in detail the night he’d been conceived.

The witch touched the blade to his tongue and instantly he felt a surge of heated energy rushing through his veins, a power so strong it robbed him of his ability to scream, paralyzing him as the witch again began the same incantation she’d used on his mother, only this time he understood those ancient words.

"Oh, Father of Darkness, accept this gift and from me please my curse to lift. See your servants humble ways and take this life from me today. The blood-bond now has been passed on, make him strong when I am gone."

Moments after the words died, her beautiful face aged rapidly, right before his eyes. Her hair turned sliver as cracks began appearing in her flesh. "Thank you, Father," she whispered hoarsely as her body crumpled to the floor turning into nothing more than a pile of ashen dust, only her dark red velvet dress remaining.

"Landon!" A deep male voice called to him from inside his head. "You will sleep now and when you wake it will be far from this place. You will know the humans caring for you and will think of them as your parents just as they believe you are their son. On your nineteenth birthday you will remember this night and your true purpose. You will feed on these human hosts and be filled with the knowledge passed on inherently from your father. He will come to you, but only once in the flesh and impart to you the ancient ways of your breed."

“No! Don’t make me. I won’t,” he called out loud enough to wake himself from the dream, his body drenched with sweat, his heart galloping wildly in his chest as he looked at the glow of the moon outside his bedroom window.

Remorse and loathing filled him as tears sprang to life in his eyes. Indeed, he had fed from Janice and Frank, the couple that for nine years posed as his parents. At exactly midnight on his nineteenth birthday, he woke with an impending need growling in his belly and one word raging through his mind.

Feed!


I'd like to thank you all for visiting my blog today, and encourage you to check out more of #wipitup with this weeks talented authors below. 



12 comments:

  1. What a brutal scene for a boy of ten!! Now I feel sorry for Landon... he had no choice in his destiny and years later, still struggles with his conscience. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd be too against him sucking my blood - as long as he considered using his impressive appendages on me ;) GIGGLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondering if it might be a bit to brutal for his young and tender eyes? Considering this scene is yet unedited. I may have to change a few things. After re-reading this today, I think I should maybe cover Marys bare breasts. He is was only ten when this actually took place.
      As for those extra appendages... Ummm 'Ooo-La, la' ☺

      Delete
  2. Tense scene - fabulously written - fast paced - it just pulls you through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Daryl. Glad you enjoyed it. ☺

      Delete
  3. Mmm ... half human - half demon :) This story is right up my sick, twisted alley! I'm so glad you are continuing this! A novel out in time for Halloween, perhaps? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly. I'm really hoping for a slightly pre-halloweenish release for this one.

      Delete
  4. I have goose bumps now! Really enjoyed that sneaky peek. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darcie. Glad you enjoyed it ☺

      Delete
  5. YESS!! I've been waiting for you to start working on this story more! I can't wait to read it. Now for some fun, I'm going to read parts 1-4 over again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grinning from ear to ear over here, Meredith. Glad you enjoyed it ☺

      Delete
  6. Brutal. I love it. I'll be hanging on your very word. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer. I hope as I share more of this readers will like it as much as they did last year. ☺

      Delete