Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Where did I go wrong?

Greetings Everyone and welcome to another #Wipitup Wednesday where you'll always find something to tickle your fancy. 
Last week Crystal was invited to a long weekend getaway in the mountains of Washington, she wasn't really planning on going until...

Crystal chewed at the inside of her lip, taking in the view of Spokane as the plane dipped lower and lower towards the runway. She should have never let Ivy talk her into this and had it not been for Kevin waiting outside her door 3 nights in a row, wearing her down about working things out, she never would have acted so presumptuously. She called Ivy right in front of Kevin, asking if her mountain retreat invite was still open. Ivy’s exhilarating squeal burst forth loud enough for Kevin to hear, even before she put the phone on speaker.
“Of course it is,” her friend continued excitedly. “Donaven will be thrilled that you’ve changed your mind.”
She knew it wouldn’t take more than a sentence or two before Ivy mentioned Donaven—whom she’d been mentioning avidly all week— which is precisely why she called. Kevin apparently needed to hear it from someone else before he would believe she was moving on.
“Two and a half weeks and you can just move on to someone new?” Kevin bellowed as she closed the phone. “I really don’t know you at all, do I? You’ve probably been plotting this break up for 6 months while you searched out your new boyfriend, haven’t you?”
His eyes shot daggers at her as he spoke. She didn’t really want to send him away with the impression she had a new boyfriend because she didn’t. And she wasn’t interested in Donaven as a replacement either—even though he’d become the new face in her fantasies—but she did want to learn more about herself and her desires.

“Tell me one thing and I’ll leave you alone. Where did I go wrong? I think you owe me at least that much.”

“Kevin. You have to stop this and just accept that we're done. You didn’t go wrong. I did. I think I’ve been on the wrong path for a long time. I didn’t plot our breakup or start hunting for a new man. I’m going with Ivy to learn more about that missing element in my life.”

“There you go with that missing shit again. If Ivy knows what’s missing, why in the fuck won’t you tell me? I mean it’s obviously where I fucked up, right? Two years, Crystal. Two fucking years! I deserve to know.” A tidal wave of emotions stirred in his eyes, rage, mostly, but also a deep hurt that made her feel like she had just punched him in the gut.

She knew he wouldn’t like it, and she didn’t really want to make the confession, but it was better than leaving him with the impression he fucked things up. “You’re not dominant enough! There, are you happy? I’m a kink freak who enjoys being controlled, manhandled, fucked roughly, called a slut, having my hair pulled, my ass spanked, and being told what to do by someone who refuses to take my shit when I don’t cooperate.”

He stood there a long moment with his mouth agape, blinking absentmindedly while he absorbed her words. “So, you want someone who pushes you around and uses you like their little fuck toy? You’re right, this isn’t my fault. You’re fucking sick.” He shook his head as if he still couldn’t believe it. “Hypocritical too. You work with abused women for crying out loud. You’re right, I could never be that man for you. And when you find the one who can, I hope you live through it. Goodbye Crystal. And don’t worry, you won’t be hearing from me anymore. And this time it’s a promise!” His hand went to his brow as he walked away, she heard him mutter, “Sick bitch.”

She knew beforehand how he was going to react, but his words still stung nonetheless, especially at being called sick. Reactions like that were what kept her from every sharing her true desires with anyone she’d ever dated. She called Ivy back immediately and told her she wasn’t going, apologizing yet again for changing her mind. After a 2 hour cry on the phone to her friend and much reassurance and encouragement, Ivy had talked her back into going, telling her the only way she was going to understand the difference was by experiencing it.

Her stomach clenched into knots as the passengers seated in front of them started to exit the plane.
“You okay?” Ivy asked, taking her by the wrist as they made their exit.
“Hell no,” she replied nervously. In a few minutes she was going to meet Donaven Sharp and she knew the moment she saw him in person, her face would go crimson. In fact, it would probably become her new color before their 3 day weekend came to an end.

That's it for this week folks, I invite you back next week when Crystal meets Donaven Sharp for the first time. Until then, please check out some of the other hot Wipsters playing this week. You'll not be disappointed.

11 comments:

  1. Ouch! His reaction was not cool at all - she's well shot of him. And I love the inner conflict created by the fact that she's a social worker AND a submissive - the two are not mutually exclusive as we all know real BDSM/DD is a whole other ball of wax to real abuse. Way to go, can't wait to read all about their meeting next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kevin is a closed minded ass and I hope he makes good on his promise to stay away.
      Crystal's been battling the submissive inside her for a long time, mainly because of how it might conflict with her job. I wonder how she's going to feel after being shown what the submissive inside of her is capable of?
      Loved your comment Tab, thank you ☺

      Delete
  2. There is something about brutal breakup scenes I love. Is that messed up, or what? I too love that you created a social worker who works with abused women that is discovering and embracing her submissive desires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messed up, hell no. I like the drama too. I enjoy creating at least one character in my books that readers will love to hate. It makes for some pretty funny reviews sometimes too.
      Thanks for stopping Aubrey ☺

      Delete
  3. Ha! I love her description! A kink freak! Very fun. And, though most men probably wouldn't react quite so harshly--I hope--we all know that plenty of them don't "get" it. Here's hoping Crystal finds the one who does! Nice work, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dinah. I know all about the plenty that don't 'get' it. ~smirks~

      Delete
  4. Donovan Sharp is going to inspire crimson blushes? I like him already. As to the narrow minded Kevin, Crystal is well rid of him. She'd have been faced with years of boring, mindless, vanilla sex and who the hell would want that? :) But you are a tease Melody... now I need to know more about Mr Sharp and I'm gonna have to wait a WHOLE WEEK to find out. Boohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a week isn't going to kill you. I have been on pins and needles awaiting for more of some of yours. I'm dying for the last of Vi and Martinet. ;-)

      Delete
  5. That was tension and I felt I was standing there watching it - wanted to smack him for calling her a sick bitch.
    then - lol on guessing crimson is about to be her never colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl, and I agree. Someone does need to smack that guy. ☺

      Delete
  6. Kevin's a douche.
    I can't wait to meet Donaven...I mean, I can't waif for her to meet Donaven. ;)

    ReplyDelete