Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stop calling me that!

Greetings Everyone and welcome to another edition of Wipitup Wednesday. 
Last week Ivy called Crystal out about her desire for dominance and submission. A desire she's denied herself of for years and never shared with anyone until Ivy presses the issue. 
Wanting to help and encourage her friend, Ivy tries to convince Crystal to go with her to Cobalt Canyon for a long weekend and meet some some of her friends who share in the BDSM lifestyle.

“You’re seriously into all the kinky leather stuff? With other women? In sex clubs?” Crystal wasn’t looking at the screen anymore. She was more interested in all the things she never knew and never would have guessed about her friend.

“I’m a kinky girl, what can I say?” Ivy gave her an impish smile. “But I didn’t start out that way. It took a while for me to find all of my likes, dislikes and limits. I didn’t get into the Bi scene until a couple of years ago, with Jake.”

“Wait. Who’s Jake?” Crystal asked.

Ivy clicked open a picture and showed her. The man was quite stunning. Dressed in a business suite and tie, with short sandy brown hair, a devious smile on his lips and a hand extended toward the camera, as if he were gesturing someones attention.
“I met him at Donaven’s house warming party in Coblat Cayon,” Ivy said, her eyes gleaming with admiration as she looked at the pic. “We spent some time together in the dungeon over the weekend and hit it off so well that I’ve been going back faithfully one a month since for a three day weekend.”

“Dungeon?” Crystal’s voice cracked. She wasn’t sure she really wanted to know.

“It’s not really a dungeon. It’s more of a playhouse designed for kink of all kinds. Kind of like the clubs in LA but private, secluded to only residents and their guests. I’d like to take you with me the next time I visit Jake. It would be a wonderful way to introduce you to some people who are in the lifestyle.”

“No… no, no, no, no!” she said, shaking her head. “I’ve never heard of Cobalt Canyon and I’m not interested in this lifestyle stuff.”

“Cobalt Canyon isn’t on the map, it’s just a nickname Donaven came up with. He got tired of living in the city and being ostracized by his neighbors because of his sexual preferences. So he and a few like-minded friends bought some land up in the mountains of Washington State about 50 miles from Kettle Falls near the Canadian border and decided it would be a nice place to live without the worry and stress of nosy neighbors or those unfriendly to their lifestyle.”

“Wait. You’re losing me here. How would his neighbors know about his sexual preferences unless he told them? And for that matter, why would he?”
 
Ivy giggled before answering her. “He used to live in a condo in Spokane and had the cops called on him a few times for mistaken abuse. Once, while giving a girl a spanking. Another time a girl screamed too loud during orgasm. Can you imagine being that girl and having to explain to the police that it was all consensual despite what neighbors said they heard?”

Crystal took a moment, picturing what Ivy described, remembering a case she’d been given a couple years ago involving a married couple in a similar situation. Their neighbors kept calling the police claiming they could hear the woman in 4B being beaten and crying. Every time the cops showed up, she told them her husband did not beat her, he spanked her, that it was consensual and part of their lifestyle. After Social Services got involved, Crystal had to make a home visit and determine if the woman really was being abused, but too scared to tell the police the truth.

After talking to each of them both together and separately Crystal could see how much they loved each other and believed the wife told the truth.
Unfortunately, it was also her job to make a physical assessment and ask to see any marks or bruises left from her husband’s spankings. The poor woman had tears in her eyes when Crystal said they would need pictures of her bottom. She could either consent to having the officer outside come in and take them, or she could go to the police station and have them taken there. The wife tried every way possible to explain that she was fair skinned and bruised easily, begging Crystal to turn a blind eye to the mild bruising and scant red marks left behind from her last spanking. The wife was worried that if things went to court over this, she could lose her husband. And for three months, she did.

Robert Shwalls got arrested a few days after Crystal submitted her findings. The court ruled that until the case was closed the couple could not live together or see each other.
The wife made an appointment to see Crystal at her office. She wanted Crystal to know that because of her and her position with Social Servies it was going to cost her and her husband not only a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering, but also a good chunk of their bank account to hire a lawyer. After giving her a good piece of her mind the woman gave her a brief educational run down of what the domestic discipline lifestyle was like. She explained how her husband was the rock in her life that kept her grounded and under control. That she needed a good hard spanking sometimes to free herself from all the pent up stress in her life and who gave a fuck if it left a few red lines or bruises on her ass. She told her she would never understand the depth of the relationship she and her husband shared and felt sorry for her that she would likely never experience anything like it herself.

Eventually the couple won the case and were reunited, but after all was said and done Crystal felt bad for all the couple had to go through to restore peace in their lives. It was after that case that she started wondering what it would be like to be spanked herself. To allow a man to correct her and decide what was best for her.
She remembered the time she had enticed Kevin purposely, doing everything imaginable to upset him one weekend until he lost his temper and yelled at her.
She made a suggestion that maybe he should spank her for being such a brat, but he laughed at her. When he realized she was serious he told her she was crazy, there was no way he was putting her over his lap like a child and spanking her bare bottom. It embarrassed her deeply and she never brought it up again.

“Earth to Crystal,” Ivy said, waving her hand in front of her face.

“Sorry, I was just thinking about an old case. Depending on the amount of complaints I’m surprised the police didn’t contact Social Services asking for an investigation.”

“Why do you think he moved?” she said pointedly.

“Why the nickname Cobalt Canyon,” Crystal asked, wanting to change the subject.

“D got this really great shot from up on the bluffs one evening just as the sunset, the whole valley looks cobalt blue and the mountains in the background really give it depth. Oh, but wait until you see the view from the tramway, that will take your breath away.”

“A tramway? As in one of those suspended cable car type things?” Crystal inquired, crinkling her nose.

Ivy nodded. “There’s only one road and it’s rough as hell. It was only used to haul the building supplies and heavy equipment down the mountain so they could build. They have a parking area at the top and use ATVs to get around in the valley.”

“You’re really blowing my mind here. In fact, you're starting to freak me out a little. We’ve been friends for 20 years and suddenly I feel like I have no idea who you really are. I know you mean well, but I’m not into all this kinky stuff like you. I mean, sure, I have a few kinky fantasies about being controlled, but I think it’s best to leave them as such. I could never get into the type of stuff your talking about with clubs and playhouses where people have sex openly in front of others.”


 “How do you know unless you at least look into what you're missing? Come with me when I visit Jake this month. I know Donaven would happy to be your guide for a weekend and show you a few things. You might find that you’re more interested in this stuff than you want to let yourself believe. And if you're not, that’s okay too. You’ll still have a nice relaxing weekend up in the mountains, taking in the sights and fresh air will do you wonders.” Ivy opened another pic, this time of a man in a pair of faded jeans and a tight white muscle shirt, his bulky arms crossed over his chest, dark wavy black hair and light gray eyes.

“Who’s that?” Crystal asked, captivated by the man’s good looks, and killer physique. Looking a bit closer, she’d have sworn the man had a semi-hard on going on.

“That’s Donaven Sharp.” Ivy had a cheeky grin on her lips. “Sexy, isn’t he?”

Crystal nodded, unable to stop looking at the pic. “How old is he?”

“Forty-two, but in that pic, forty.”

“No way. I was thinking late twenties at best,” she said, moving closer to the screen, looking for any signs of gray in his hair or the sexy five-o-clock shadow along his jawline. Ivy giggled, making her blush and pull away from the screen.

“He’s big into fitness and taking care of his body. It’s another reason he chose to move to the mountains. Fresh air, cleaner water and he loves growing his own food. OMG, Crystal, wait until you taste this man’s cooking.” She put her hands to her chest, closing her eyes while licking her lips.

Crystal rolled her eyes. “I’ll admit, the man is downright gorgeous, but I’m not going with you to meet him. I can’t end one relationship and jump straight into a new one. I need some time to adjust and let my life settle before I starting thinking about dating again.”

“Who said anything about a relationship? I’m not trying to set you up with him. I’m just trying to get you away for a weekend and introduce you to some very nice people. People who at one time or another had been curious beginners just like you.”


“Stop referring to me like that. I’m not a beginner,” she said firmly, slightly annoyed. “I’m not interested and I’m not going.” No way was she going to get herself stuck up in the mountains for three days with a bunch of kink freaks who would undoubtedly try and persuade her to participate in something sexual.


What do you think folks? Should Crystal go with Ivy or not? 
We'll find out next week. Until then, please do hop on over to a few of the other hot authors participating in this weeks Wipitup. 

12 comments:

  1. Well it wouldn't make for much of a story if she didn't? :D I do wish people curious about BDSM would get more chances like this though, even just to watch. I've repeatedly explained to people who my Master and I (even though I call Him "Master") aren't like some extreme version of BDSM they might be imagining. We have bills and meals and interests outside BDSM just like anyone else. I'm wondering if I've missed it or maybe you just haven't shared it, but I wonder if Ivy ever takes the time to explain to Crystal the whys of keeping her kinky interests from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire that you and your Master can share in the BDSM lifestyle. For myself, I didn't become curiously interested in the subject until my mid-thirties and we'd been married for some time by then. Although I tried to share my passion for the subject and persuade him into learning more about certain aspects of such a lifestyle, he simply wasn't/isn't interested. :( (I still bring it up ever now and again though.)
    I too wish there were more opportunities to explore my curiosity. Because of the remote little area I live in, there aren't many gatherings for those in the lifestyle without traveling 3-4 hours away for 'munchies' and or 'meet and greets'.
    However, the online venues of exploration are indeed wonderful.
    As for Ivy explaining things to Crystal, yes it does get explained, but not for a few more chapters yet ;-)
    Thank you so much for stopping by, Joelle ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea yea yea - Crystal's not going - the hell she isn't!!!! Great dialogue between the 2 - it was like I was sitting there watching the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Daryl. Glad you enjoyed the convo.

      Delete
  4. I knew Crystal would find a nice gentleman... Jake... Dungeons, Playhouses... Oh Gawd... I'm gribbling over here AND HE CAN COOK? Dayum you give good man in your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. I love a man who can cook. Probably because I've never been any good at it. LOL

      Delete
  5. "I'm not interested and I'm not going." Famous last words ;) STUCK in the mountains for three days with kinky freaks? Jesus ... when do we leave? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday afternoon, Shelly. We're gonna have a ball too. Make sure to pack some good walking shoes, it is up in the mountains after all. ☺

      Delete
  6. "No way was she going to get herself stuck up in the mountains for three days with a bunch of kink freaks who would undoubtedly try and persuade her to participate in something sexual." I volunteer to take her place. :) :) : ) I am glad to see a story line where people are gradually introduced to the scene and voice their fears, their insecurities. I've read too many stories where they couple was already in the life-style or they jump right in. These stories weren't' bad, but I couldn't always relate. I feel as if Crystal is me and is reacting the way I would, despite my bravado. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great comment, Jen. Giving readers a story they can put themselves into is and relate to is what we as writers aim to achieve. You've sucked me right into Daniel and Sahara's story. I am patiently waiting for it's release. ☺

      Delete
  7. I can she not resist the call of the mountains! Oh, and a bunch kinky freaks too. :-)

    ReplyDelete