Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Not in a million years

Hi there Folks and welcome back to another edition of Wipitup Wednesday where you will always find something to wet your whistle.
Today I'm bringing you more from Cobalt Canyon. Crystal and her best friend Ivy are have a bit of a discussion.

Crystal shook her head as she unlocked the car door on her red Chevy Caviler. “Ivy, really?” she asked, rolling her eyes as her friend found her way to the passenger side door, obviously inviting herself along to wherever Crystal was about to go. “For your information, I’m going over to Arroyo Grande. I have to find a new gym. I don’t want to chance running into Kevin. I was told Fitness 19 is really affordable and has a lot to offer.” Tossing her things in the back seat, she got in the car, watching Ivy do the same. “You’re really going to tag along with me to the gym?” she asked, somewhat sarcastically before starting the car.

“I’m afraid you're stuck with me until you agree to face the fact you have a problem. I care about you, Crystal.” She put a hand on her shoulder and Crystal could see in her eyes that she wasn’t going to give up until she got what she wanted, or heard what she needed to hear. “I want to see you happy. Genuinely happy. No more going through the motions, telling yourself this is how it’s supposed to be.”
 

Crystal put the car in reverse, pressing her lips into an irritated, flat thin line. “Iv, you know I love you. And I care about you just as much as you care about me. But if you were in my shoes right now, I wouldn’t be pressing you to talk about something you didn’t need or want to share with anyone.”
 

“Well,” Ivy said, a playful smirk on her face. “I guess that makes me a better friend. And as such,” her smirk vanished, her features somber. “I know you need to talk about it, because if you don’t, you’ll never get what you want.”

Her friend had a point, and although she knew it was true, Ivy was the last person on earth she wanted to know about her sexual obsessions. “If you had a clue what my—problem—as you call it is, you wouldn’t be doing this.”
 

“I have a pretty good hunch, I know what it is.”
 

Crystal burst out laughing so hard she nearly ran a red light. “Not in a million years.”
 

“Really?” Ivy’s brow went up as it always did whenever she felt challenged. “Let’s make a little bet then.” Her lips curled mischievously. “I get one guess. If I’m right, you agree to talk about. With me. If I’m wrong, you can take me home and I won’t pressure about it again for at least a month.”
 

“No deal. If you're wrong, you won’t pressure me about it ever again.” She could see Ivy’s gears turning as she contemplated the proposal.
 

“Deal,” she said resolutely. “And you can’t lie either. I’ll know if you do.”
 

“Fine,” Crystal said, hanging a left.
 

“I thought you were going to Arroyo?” Ivy asked, confused.
 

“It’s quicker to turn here. I mean, after you guess I’ll be taking you home anyway, right?”
 

“Yes, I do believe you’re right.” Her words rang out with an undertone that worried her. 

The wicked grin on Ivy’s lips and the impish look in her eyes sent a chill down the back of Crystal’s neck. No. There’s no way she’ll guess correctly. Yet, the sudden onslaught of quivers in her belly made her more than a bit nervous. “So guess already!” she spat, wanting to get this over with.
 

Ivy’s features softened as she drew in a slow, deep breath, exhaling before she spoke. “You bail out of every potentially long term relationship is because the man you're with isn’t dominant enough for you and doesn’t know how to take control. There’s no real sparks in the bedroom because for whatever reason, he’s not giving you what you need and desire.”
 

Crystal felt her stomach hit the floor. Her foot smashed down the break as she swerved to the side of the road, stopping in front of a blue house. A cold sweat broke out on her face, her hands trembling on the steering wheel. How in the fuck could she have guessed something like that? For as long as they’d been friends, they’d never discussed each others sex lives or even compared boyfriends. Fuck. If Ivy knew, how many other people knew? Her nerves were pressing her straight for a panic attack and she needed to get out of the car. She wanted to run, to leave Ivy right there and just run away. She pulled the door latched but it was locked. Oh shit, put the car in park dummy. She was starting to hyperventilate by the time she got out of the car.
 

“Crystal,” Ivy said, following her out. “Calm down.” She hurried over to her. “It’s going to be okay. Those feelings you have are normal.” She put a hand on her shoulder, guiding her to the passenger door. “Take some really slow, deep breaths. Count up as you inhale and down as you exhale. Focus on counting.”
Crystal did as she was told, feeling more grounded and less flighty with each slow even breath. After she had regained her composure, her friend opened the car door and helped her in, even buckling her up like she was a child. “I’ll drive back to my place. You don’t have to say anything until we get there.”
Crystal just nodded, her nerves skyrocketing again. There was no way she’d be able to say anything to Ivy Durst ever again. When they got to her place, she’d just have to tell her. No way in hell was she going to talk to anyone about her sexual fantasies.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog this week. I encourage you to check out some of our other hot and salacious authors using the linky list below.

8 comments:

  1. Poor Crystal! It's really hard to admit those kind of things out loud. I hope Ivy is just perceptive, and Crystal hasn't been broadcasting her needs too loudly. Sounds like and interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie. I think your new alien story is pretty hot.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. There's only one fried in my real life with whom I share these things. Discussing our kink with someone new is weird, at least for me, and I'm sure for many others. This is brilliant. Great stuff, Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Maggie. Personally, I enjoy talking about kink with just about anyone. Yeah, I'm weird that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous snippet - funny and then panicky. The rapport between the two was great. Now to see if she gets brave enough to hold up her end of the bargain and talk to Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal has been outed and I liked her furious embarrassment at having her innermost desires laid bare. I have a suspicious feeling that Ivy may be able to help her friend 'discover' more rewarding relationships, shall we say... BUT I'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND FIND OUT! Dayum. Lovely snippet :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor thing. I wonder what is in her past to make her so terrified and ashamed. Great scene.

    ReplyDelete