Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year end reivew and a snippet too.


Happy New Year Everyone. I'd like to thank all of you who have enjoyed this blog and everyone who has participated in #Wipitup this year. I've really enjoyed reading and sharing all of the wonderful and dedicated authors who have taken the time to make this blog hop what it is. Awesome! 

I'd like to mention Joelle Casteel, Christina Mandara, and Shelly Douglas for being the top participants and sharers of 2014. Thank you, Ladies. You really know how to trip my trigger.
I'd like to mention Natasha Knight, because she wrote an Uber-hot little number that included 'yours truly' getting a well deserved canning and some really hot n heavy anal penetration. Her story was published in the Stormy Nights Newsletter. If you missed it, click the link to Stormy Nights and enjoy.

Umm... Melody. What about all the others who have supported #Wipitup? Like Meredith O'Rilley, Daryl Devore, Tara Crescent, Tabitha Black, Thinna D, Ash Baker, Bree Cariad, Sophie Kisker, Jennifer Reynolds, Helen Karol, Jane Gilbert, Jaye Peaches, and Breanna Hayse?

I was just getting to that Yellow, thank you for finding all their names. If anyone has been forgotten I am blaming it on Yellow. 

Oh sure, just blame Yellow for everything! How about telling people what you have cooking in your kitchen lately.

You know I don't cook, Yellow. 

How could I forget. That last batch of cookies you made before Christmas were burnt.

Yet you ate every one of them, didn't you? 

No comment! 

Ha-ha! Thought so. Now go away while I share a snippet from a new story that I started recently. 

New story? What happened to Em and Corbet? 

I'm still working on Emilia, don't worry. They've just gone to the back burner for a bit while I get to know this hot new heroine named Crystal, who is currently on a dinner date with her boyfriend Kevin. He's about to pop the question and Crystal knows it. Let's see what happens. 

“I know why you brought me here tonight,” she said without looking at him.

“If such was the case, you’d have a huge smile on your face,” he said with a wink.

She looked up at him, fighting the tears in her eyes. Any other woman would have been ecstatic to be sitting here with Keven Pell and the little black box in his pocket, but not Crystal. It wasn’t that she was afraid to commit, or that she didn’t love Kevin. But as with all the other long-term relationships in her life, there was just something missing.

The sex was good, Kevin always tended to her needs before his own, and he had more than enough money to provide for them. She looked at the tennis bracelet on her wrist, then at the opal ring on her pinky finger. She was sure that tonight, on their two year anniversary of dating, he was going to ask her to marry him.  And she was going to break his heart and say –no.


“I can’t do this anymore, Kev.” Her voice quavered as she met his electrifying, bright blue eyes, noting how his brow pulled together and a quizzical look spread across his face. “I should have told you months ago, but I couldn’t.” She took in a slow breath, wondering if she would ever forget the warm smell of his aftershave, or that little dip in his sandy-blond hair. The muscles in his jaw tensed as he cocked his head to the right, pulling his hand from hers.

“What exactly are you saying Crystal?” he asked, concern evident in his tone.

“You know what I’m saying, Kev. It’s over. I know what you have in your pocket and I love you for it, but I can’t. I’m sorry I let this go on for as long as it has.”  God, she sounded like a broken record and she knew from experience the next thing out of his mouth was going to be…

“WHY?” he blurted, completely shocked. “Things have been so good between us.” He shook his head a little in disbelief. “ Crystal, I don’t understand. We’re meant for each other. Your mom even said so last month when we had dinner, right here at Antetello’s. And if I’m not mistaken your father said you couldn’t have chosen a better man if he’d hand picked one for you himself. WHY? Why now?” Kevin stirred nervously in his hair, loosening his tie like it was suddenly choking him.

She really couldn’t tell him why. Not exactly. She wasn’t sure herself, but one thing was certain, something was missing, she just didn’t know what it was. Sure, to anyone else they had the perfect relationship. Kevin Pell was everything a woman wanted, successful,  magnetic personality, tender heart, sexy as hell body, and sinfully seductive sky blue eyes with tiny flakes of green in them.  But right now, there was a tempest storm brewing in those otherwise, kind and caring eyes.

“Why, Crystal?” Irritation clear in his voice. “As far as I know, things have been going great between us. Why just out of blue are you calling it off?”

“It doesn’t feel right. There’s something missing and I don’t know what it is. It’s not you, so please don’t think that. It’s me. Maybe there’s something wrong with me.”

“Something’s missing? What could be missing? We’re both successful, well educated, like a lot of the same things, we laugh together and we love each other. Or were all those ‘I love you’s’ just lies? You’ve been just stringing me along for the past two years?”

“Kevin,” she said, picking up a napkin to dab her watery eyes. “I’m so sorry. I know how hard this is, but I don’t feel connected to you. At least not the way I’d like to. I mean, sure, we do things together all the time and we have a lot of fun together, but when it comes to thinking of us together forever… well, I go cold and inside I know you're not the man for me.”

“Honey, you have no idea what you're throwing away.” His hand went to his brow, rubbing his forehead like he did when a tension headache hit. “There isn’t a woman alive—besides you—that would turn me down. I put you on a fucking pedestal and practically worship the ground you walk on and this...” he made an agitated whirling motion with his hands. “This is the thanks I get?”

Crystal put her hands in her lap, her uneaten shrimp Alfredo staring up at her as she lowered her chin in dismay. “I’m sorry. I don’t really know what else to say. It’s better to do this now than a year from now when you realize it too.”

“Realize what? That your perfect for me? That you do to me what no other woman on the planet can do? That I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone? I need you, Crystal Jean Harman. Please, baby. You’re just scared. Take some time to think about things, but please don’t cast me off like an old used shoe. If there’s something you think is missing, then tell me what it is and I’ll fix it, but please don’t call it quits like this.”

He’d hit the begging stage now and hopefully he wouldn’t make a scene before they left. “That’s just it Kevin. I don’t really know what it is, but whatever it is you can’t find it or fix it.” Mustering all her boldness, she looked into his frantically worried eyes, holding back unshed tears. “Let me go, Kev. We can still be friends if you want, but—”

“Friends?” His words came through clenched teeth. “Did you really just go there? I’ve been inside you every which way but Sunday and you're pulling out the ‘let’s be friends’ card?” With haste he reached into his jacket and pulled out his wallet. “I could understand if the sex was bad or I had some annoying habit you could never learn to live with. Hell, I’d even understand if you hated my parents or my job. But this lame excuse that something is missing just isn’t going to cut it, sweetheart.” He laid some bills on the table and stood up, straightening his jacket. “Let’s get out of here. We can go back to my place and talk about this while I give you a long relaxing back-rub. You love when I do that and all your tension just melts away. When you’re thinking clearly again, you’ll realize all of this ‘it’s over’ talk is just you being scared to commit. Forget about the ring for now, we can wait as long as you like, I won’t pressure you with marriage.”

“I don’t want a back-rub,” she said firmly. “Or a foot massage, or long hours of making love. My head is clear and my thinking is just fine. I’m doing this for both of us. Just let it end here and now, Kevin. Please.”  She pulled her napkin from her lap, turning her chair, preparing to get up, but he thrust the ring in her face.

“Look at it.” He demanded, opening the black crushed velvet case. The diamond was simply gorgeous.  A princess cut, at least 5 carat, set in a 24 carat gold crown, finely polished with enough sparkle to guide a blind man through a thick fog. He’d spared no expense. It must have cost over 50K and knowing such made her feel even worse. “Oh and this too.” He pulled a photograph and set it on the table in front of her. She looked at the picture, a beautiful two story beach-front home, complete with an extra large pool and thick palm trees hedging the property. “That would have been our honeymoon and then our vacation home thereafter.  It’s brand new. The builders just finished it last week. I had a house built for you Crystal, don’t you see what you mean to me?”

He squatted down in front of her, taking hold of her hand. When she realized he meant to put the ring on her finger she pulled away. So much for not pressuring her.


Thanks for stopping by folks. I wish each of you a very Happy New Year and will see you again in 2015. Please take a moment to show your appreciation to this weeks other hot participants found below.

7 comments:

  1. Great snippet! I can't wait to get to know Crystal more. I miss Em and Corbet! I love that couple! I love the dialogue between your red and yellow voice. It constantly has me laughing! Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Meredith. Yellow is just beaming over here in admiration of your comment. ☺

      Delete
  2. I love it! Yellow ate all the cookies! Seriously good snippet. Thanks for hosting the #WIP. I've enjoyed it immensely as a reader and hope to enjoy it even more as an author! Happy new year ~Livia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your enjoyment of #Wip ☺ I'm so happy when others have as much fun as I do with this hop.
      Happy new year ☺

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I do wonder where you are going with this story...

    Happy New Year! I've had a ton of fun participating in WIP Wednesday! Thanks for all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a magnificently intense scene, Melody! just wow. LOL at the yellow voice and burnt cookies. happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trouble in paradise... what's wrong with you Crystal? Kev sounds like a dream come true to me... How could you do that to a man who brought you a ring and did the romance wine and dine and even brought you a picture of your HONEYMOON destination. Crystal is officially crazy. I'll take Kevin. Problem solved.

    PS Crystal you had better be a libra because wearing Opals is very unlucky if you're not. I'm just sayin....

    Loved it Melody ;) Curious to know where this is going... Can the relationship be saved or it to be new beginnings all around... I'll just have to wait and find out. (Story of my life). Until then... HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hope it brings you everything you've dreamed of... actually, knowing your vivid imagination... that's... err.... enough said. :D

    ReplyDelete