Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Melody Parks M.I.A ?

Hi Everyone and welcome to #wipitup. Some of you may have noticed I was absent last week, and I thought I should explain why. I feel so guilty missing my first week since starting this hop.

As you should Melody. What kind of host doesn't participate in their own blog hop?

Oh, stuff it Annoying yellow inner-voice! You're just jealous that I've been spending more time talking to Pretty purple inner-voice lately. And I happen to have a very good reason for not being here last week. Well, mostly. It's called Melody was having a melt-down. 

I finished writing Emilia a couple weeks ago and sent it off to beta readers. Reports came back and although, I can't say why-- okay, I could say why, but I won't-- My beta readers and I agree this story needs a major plot change.
So basically what that means is, I have to put sharing this story on hold for a while. And unfortunately, I don't have another WIP started yet. So although I will still be reading all of my fellow authors each week, I'm going to refrain from sharing for a little while.

Wait! hold up! So not only did you miss last week, but you are going be absent for a while? How long is a while, Melody? I think people need a time frame here. 

Wow, Mel was right about you. You really are annoying. Stop being so hard on her. With the holidays right around the corner she's probably trying frantically just to find time to write. She can't share what isn't written yet.

Thanks for your support purple inner-voice. Remember that chat we had about selling yellow inner-voice on e-bay? Well, I think we should put a listing on Craig's list too. Under 'Free'

Hang on a minute here! You two have chats about me? You've never said anything about a purple inner-voice. I don't think that's fair. Purple isn't even a primary color for crying out loud. At least I'm a primary color. 

So what! Purple is prettier than yellow, Mel even said so. Didn't you Mel?

I knew it was going to be a bad idea to let these two meet. For those of you who celebrate, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow and hope you enjoy all the sexy and talented authors on Wip this week. I plan to be back with Emilia as soon as I can.   



16 comments:

  1. Awww Melody. Have a major meldown. Stomp, stamp, yell, scream, eat lots of chocolate and drink lots of wine - but don't stop writing!! We'll give you a little time to recoup (not too much mind) and hope to see you back here soon. Miss you! xxx Happy Thanksgiving xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, Christina. I did have a bit of a chocolate moment... and accidentally kicked the dog during my stomp and stamp procession, (I'll blame that on the wine... lol)
      I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well and thank you so much for sympathizing with me. ~Hugs~

      Delete
  2. Aw. Sorry to hear about your story. I'm sure it will be better than ever after you revise it. Bravo to you to have the courage to recognize and do what needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cara. This is a bump in the road for me, but not one I won't get past and learn from in the process. Thanks for the support and encouragement. ☺

      Delete
  3. I've had to get to this point, and yeah, it's no fun at all. My sympathies are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's encouraging to know that others have encountered this little hiccup and that they've reached beyond it. Thank you for your sympathy and understanding, Tara. ☺

      Delete
  4. Hi Mel, and inner yellow and purple voices, I'm sorry to hear about the WIP but I can say when I take some time away from an MS, it makes a world of difference and I seem to have a new energy when I come back to it. It will come together and in the meantime, you can take some time and enjoy the holidays maybe. And just know, you're not alone with this sort of thing. It happens to all of us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha. I'm over the melt-down and freaking out stage. It's comforting to know a lot of other authors have been through too. Your encouragement is is much appreciated. ☺

      Delete
  5. Oh, so sorry to hear about your meltdown, but at least you caught the plot change thing at an early enough stage to be able to fix it. Looking forward to seeing this WIP eventually emerge blinking into the light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the conversation between you and the inner voice, Melody. Have you ever read Chris Baty's "No Plot? No Problem!" He's the creator of NaNoWriMo. Well anyway one of his things early on in the book is that you need to give up your inner editor for the month you're nano-ing; they have a kennel for the inner editors at the Office of Light and Letter's :D. Argh at the plot change- hope you figure it out quick and get it written. Good luck on that. I was just thinking about how I wanna push ahead in my nano novel to some things that'll be fun to share on #WIPiTuP- that is beyond thinking about Shaman's challenge to write a few thousand words today :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leading me to Chris Baty's "No Plot? No Problem." Joelle. The office of Light and Letters sounds interesting.
      I have much company over the next few weeks but I am trying to squeeze in a little time each day for a few hundred words.
      I really like where your Nano is going and look forward to more. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. ☺

      Delete
  7. I think that conversation wins the week's award as the best snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Daryl. Thank you and I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving. ☺

      Delete
  8. Yes, I have been down that murky plot road, too! Ugh!! But time off is not a bad thing, so drink the wine (don't share too much with the inner voices - they can be dangerous when trashed) and enjoy Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, Shelly I know just what you mean about drunken inner-voices. I have learned. They're like gremlins... never feed them after midnight and never, ever let them consume any kind of alcohol. It can be most embarrassing.
      I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy as much pumpkin pie as I am. I am baking mine today and they smell so good I might have to sneak a piece before tomorrow and blame it on my 6 year old niece... lol.

      Delete
  9. I've switch plots numerous times in my current WiP, still can't decide...
    Enjoy your holidays - Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete