Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What's a man to do?


Okay who set the clock so far forward? It can't be September 24th already. 
Sorry Melody, but I think it is and you're suppose to have a post ready for #wipitup Wednesday. 

Holy crap on a cracker, I think your right...

So are you guys ready for a little insight from the mind of Corbet Mills? 
I wanted to share this post because there seems to be some skepticism about his motives with Emilia. 
I get it though. I mean, the guy buys her at a slave auction, right? Then makes promises to return her to her parents? And he's from Lancore, a kingdom known for it's debauchery and lose morals? 
It's absurd to think he could be a nice guy... but he is, really! 
Here's what happened after he abruptly sent Emilia to bed after her spanking last week.

Corbet picked up the dress from the floor and waited, giving Emilia enough time to get upstairs before he went back to his room. Never had he expected such a reaction from her and he couldn’t bare to let her see what it had done to him. His cock was still hard and aching for her.
Although beautiful and alluring with those big soft blue eyes, intimacy was never his intent when he decided to make her purchase. She had been frightened when she thought he meant to use her for sexual pleasures, yet when he bared her bottom for punishment she was slick with arousal. He thought certainly once he began to pelt her plush mounds with his belt her arousal would diminish and she would succumb to tears and remorse for her actions. But instead it seemed only to increase her lust and he thought he would go mad listening to her husky moans while she writhed and wiggled her curvy hips after each lash as if begging him to impale her. If it were not for her virginity, he might have been tempted to do just that.

(See folks? Nice guy... right?) 

Images of his entering her slick heat flashed in his mind as he closed his eyes. His cock, swollen and hard began to throb despite telling himself to will his impure thoughts away. Not once in six years had he envisioned himself being with anyone but his wife. To Corbet Mills love was forever and he suddenly felt ashamed. As if somehow he was betraying Sara and the bond they had once shared. A bond he still honored and cherished.
“NO!” he said aloud into the darkness. “You are a good and respectable man Corbet Mills. You will not cave to the temptation of spilling your seed while thinking of another woman.” He turned, forcing himself to lay on his stomach to keep from taking himself in hand.
(Joelle this part is for you ;) ) 

Even though Corbet had refrained from giving in to the pleasurable release his body so desperately sought, he still could not help feeling guilty that he had betrayed his beloved Sara. He visualized the memory of how they had met, how they had fallen in love and the trauma of how he had been forced to fight for her. He despised Lancore for their stupid, outrageous and often times, barbaric ways.

So you see? The guy has morals and integrity. 
I wanted to share some of Corbet's memories of Sara with you but then I'd have nothing for next week when I plan to share Corbet and Sara's first kiss. 

But Melody... A kiss. Just a kiss?  
That's what I thought too, until I read it.

So, until next month- yes that's a week from now- I wish you all well and invite you to stop by the some of the other hot topic authors sharing this week.    
 





18 comments:

  1. I love your humor that you into this post. Cannot wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Larissa. It's nice to have you on Wip It Up ☺

      Delete
  2. Awww! Corbet Mills whoever knew that he truly was a nice guy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... and you are such a tease! Taking lessons from Vala? :D Corbet is such an interesting, complex character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't purposely taking lessons from Vala, but maybe she rubbed off on me a little? ;-) Thank you for the lovely compliment, Joelle ☺

      Delete
  4. I am at war with myself here. Although, I'm not yet familiar with Corbet Mills, I kind of wanted him to be a bad boy and well... give in. Yet, the fact that he held back because she's a virgin and then felt guilty about his wife made me sort of fall in love with him a little. Oh boy, I can't wait to read more and see where this goes... it's going to be hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Alisa. Thank you very much! The best thing that can happen to an author is when someone falls in love with their characters a little. Made my day ☺

      Delete
  5. Holy Hunk WHO is that eye candy with the bird on his arm??? I love having a real person to visualize when reading a book. Can't wait for its release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jule ☺
      Although the bird has nothing to do with the story, the yummy guy holding it is a pretty good representation of how I pictured Corbet. I found this guy on Pintrest and said, oh yeah, that could be Corbet. I'm still looking for a good depiction of Em. A couple more chapters I'm thinking and I should have this Wip wrapped up for editing.

      Delete
  6. I feel like such a shmuck for doubting him, Ms. Melody! :) I'm loving this story ... I really am!!! :) Thanks, as always, for bringing us this fun hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To the pillory for you, Shelly... LOL
      Just kidding!
      I'd like to thank you as well for mentioning me in your posts on Wendesdays, and for participating. I really look forward to your excerpts. This murder mystery you've started has me excited. ☺

      Delete
  7. Love the line - to keep from taking himself in hand. Fantastic snippet.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daryl. So happy to see you back with week... Loved the maze today. ☺

      Delete
  8. I have a feeling I'll be buying this on release day! I love complex characters and settings. This book gives both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Corine. I hope you enjoy when it's released. ☺

    ReplyDelete