Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I believe I promised you a kiss


Hey, hey, hey... it's Wip It Up Wednesday. A blog hop that allows authors to share a Wip (work in progress) or a recently released title for your hump day enjoyment.
Last week I believe I promised you a kiss... so let's get on with it.


 He couldn’t let something like that happen to sweet little Sara. There had to be a way to stop Lord Ervin from wanting her he just didn’t know what it was until a couple of months later. He stopped at the Boren farm to find out that Philip had taken ill. His wife, Morian instructed that Jed and Toran their young sons, twins, 10 years old should help him wrap the meat and fill the wagon. She didn’t object when Sara also offered to help, but warned her not to get blood on her dress while handling the meat.

It was the first time he and Sara had an opportunity to talk to each other… or be in such close proximity. While they were all wrapping meat Jed blurted out that Sara liked Corbet and had told him she wanted to marry him someday.

For a second time Corbet got to watch Sara’s cheeks flush with embarrassment. “Nah—she wants a handsome prince or a valiant knight to be her husband,” Corbet teased back to Jed. “I’m just a merchant. I travel too much to keep a wife anyway.” Corbet thought that by teasing the boy back it would help Sara to feel a little more comfortable and for the most part it had, but he also saw a hint of hurt in her eyes that she thought he didn’t want her and she remained quiet while they finished wrapping the meat.

If only she knew why he had said that. He needed to deter her fascination with him because of her father’s plans to hand her over to Lord Ervin in a few months. As hard as he had tried to come up with some sort of plan to keep  Ervin from getting her, he just couldn’t.

He had given thought to asking her to run off with him. He knew she’d say yes, but the truth was he didn’t want it to be like that. He didn’t want to run or leave the home his parents had built, he was doing relatively well for himself and didn’t want to ruin that. Besides, what good would it do him to run off with without the proper means to take care of her the way he wanted.

When almost all the meat had been put into the wagon, Sara told her brothers to go wash up for supper, that she’d be along shortly.

After the boys were a short distance away, Jed looked back at Sara and yelled, “You just want to kiss Corbet.” Both boys started laughing and took off running for their lives.

Sara turned a deep shade of red and had tears in her eyes when Corbet turned his attention away from the boys and looked at her. “Hey! Don’t cry.” It just seemed natural to him to pull her into his arms as he said that. “Sara,” he said tenderly, stroking her hair. “I like you too.”

“You do?” she mumbled into his leather vest as she nuzzled into him, letting him comfort her. Dear god if she didn’t feel like heaven in his arms. He would never forget the smell of her hair or how she trembled just slightly, while waiting for him to reply.

“I do,” he whispered. “But my life is complicated right now. I travel a lot and –”

“I don’t care. I’ll go with you.”

Her soft, sweet voice made his heart melt and he didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t tell her the real reason they couldn’t be together, yet he wasn’t going to lie to her either. He put his hands on her delicate little shoulders and pulled her back so he could look at her. Her hazel eyes were wet and shiny with tears. He wanted so badly to kiss them away and tell her everything was going to be okay, but he couldn’t.

“We can’t be together, Sara. As much as I want you and would love to marry you one day, it’s just not going to be possible.” The despair in her eyes cut him like a knife. “I wish I could tell you why, but I can’t do that either. In a few months you’ll understand though, I promise.”

Her mouth dropped open and hung there for a moment while she processed what he’d said. She put a hand up to her face to wipe away a tear that had strayed to the bridge of her cute freckled nose. “What are you not telling me, Corbet?” She turned from him as she spoke. “If you know something about me and your hiding it, it’s the same as lying.”

He fought to control his emotions. It hurt to feel her pull away from him like that. The one and only time he would ever have her in his arms and it was going to end badly. “Sara please don’t do this. It is your father’s orders I don’t tell you. And withholding knowledge is not the same as lying.”
 
“So you will please my father at my expense? You will make me worry and fret for how long?” she turned to look at him. “A few months? Whatever it is your keeping to yourself is obviously the reason we can’t be together. Please Corbet, don’t make me suffer. Just tell me and I’ll promise not to say anything.”Fresh tears came to her eyes and her lower lip started to tremble.

How could he sleep at night knowing she would be sick with worry.  Yet would it not be worse for her to know and be sick with a worry far worse?
“Sara,” he said softly, approaching her. “I don’t want to ever see you fret or suffer. If I tell you, it’s only going to make you feel worse.” He put a hand on her shoulder.

“Kiss me,” she whispered. “Just once.” She stepped in closer to him. “I have to know. I’ve seen and felt you kiss me so many times in my mind Corbet, please. Allow my first kiss to be with the man I love and I will stop asking about what my father’s secret is.”

Her eyes were so desperate… imploring. He knew the right thing to do would be to refuse her, but he didn’t. He gave in to the sweet temptation of her ripe little lips and devoured them with every ounce of passion he’d been saving since having first laid eyes on her.

Her hands made their way up around his neck and she held onto him like she never wanted to let him go. Her mouth tasted like sugar and sunshine as their tongues entwined, exploring each other. She whimpered into his mouth and pressed herself tighter against his chest. The softness of her breasts pushing against him was more than he could take and he pulled away before he lost control and laid her down right there and took her.

“Oh, Corbet,” she gasped. “That was even better than in my dreams. Please, please don’t stop.” She tried to pull his head back to her but he pushed her away.

“No,” he growled, taking a step back. “I shouldn’t have done that, Sara. Now it’s just going to be worse.”

“I know what you're hiding,” she said, while catching her breath. “What my father is hiding. He’s arranged for me to marry someone hasn’t he?”

“You promised not to ask if I granted you your kiss, which I have.” He noticed that her eyes were looking directly at his groin. Although somewhat embarrassed, he couldn’t help that he was as hard as a rock and there was little he could do to hide it. “I need to go… this shouldn’t have happened.” He turned from her and started to walk towards the wagon.

“Wait!” she called after him. He could hear her bare feet scurrying to catch up with him. Just as he neared the wagon he felt her small hand on his arm. “Corbet!” her voice trembled. “Please,” she begged.

“Sara. Stop!” he turned, taking a hold of her wrists. “We cannot be together. It is not your fault or mine. It is just the way things are.” He used a firm and authoritative voice, hoping to make her understand things were never going to happen for them no matter how much they wanted it.

“Deflower me, Corbet.” Her words were rushed and frantic. “Take my maidenhead. If I am not pure it will ruin my father's plans.”

Corbet pushed her up against the thick canvas wall of the wagon, pinning her hands to each side of her head and pressed his body into hers. He could feel her heart beating as fast as it could, right along with his. “You want it right here?” he growled. “Your first time, up against a dirty, dusty wagon?” He let go of her hands and lifted her, hiking her dress up in the process while he keeping her pinned.

“Yessss,” she cried. “As long as it’s with you. Please, Corbet, I’ll do anything.” She wiggled, wrapping her legs around his hips, her arms slipping back around his neck. He had hoped treating her roughly might scare her and make her realize this wasn’t really what she wanted.

Corbet’s jaw clenched tight and he closed his eyes. The swell of her heaving breasts in his face was more than he could endure at the moment and the scent of her arousal wasn’t making his efforts to control himself any easier. “This is wrong, Sara. I can’t do this to you.” He opened his eyes, looking straight into hers. “Or myself.” He let his head rest against her breasts and just held her, fighting back his frustration. “Your father could easily have my head for defiling you.”

“He wouldn’t do that. He would be very mad at both of us, but he wouldn’t do that to you, Corbet, I know he wouldn’t.”

“I won’t Sara!” He dropped his hold on her, letting her feet back down to the ground. “I won’t put either of us through the turmoil this would cause.”

“I’m going to tell my father you deflowered me anyway. I don’t care who he has planned for me to marry. They won’t want me if I’m not pure.”

“Oh no?” he asked angrily, cupping her chin in his hand. “How about Lord Ervin? Do you think he’s going to care if you’re pure? All he wants is another sex slave to add to his collection.” He let go of her chin hastily.

A hand instantly came up to Sara’s mouth as she gasped in shock. “Lord Ervin? He… he wants me to be his…”

“His mistress, yes. But what that really means, is once your inside those castle walls you will be treated like his property and nothing more. He will use you sexually or otherwise, for any purpose he see’s fit. He might even offer to have you trained as a pony. I am sure you’ve heard rumors of those.” He watched as she nodded her head, her eyes wide with panic.

“Corbet! How could he?” Before he could stop her, she tore away from him and started running for the house.



For visiting today everyone. For next week I thought about changing things up a bit and sharing a short story I wrote a few months back for Halloween. What do you think, readers? More of Emilia? Or, would you like something spooky and spicy? 
Don't forget to visit our other talented authors in #Wipitup this week. 






21 comments:

  1. Love reading your excerpts. Your WIP Wednesdays are something I look forward to. Can't wait until your next book comes out. Hope it is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jule, I love your comments each week. It humbles me that you enjoy my stories enough that I can give you something to look forward to. ☺
      I'm actually rather hooked on Wip It Up myself, and have Sheri Savill to thank for it. I think of it as my book soap opera day. My selfish day where I can just indulge myself in others and enjoy a little reading.
      I'm seriously trying to find the end to Emilia, but sometimes the characters have other ideas. Soon though... very soon.
      I hope things are going well for you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Awww...Why is Corbet fighting this? He clearly wants Em! Poor Em! What a hot kiss and then to be rejected! I hope that she makes Corbet chase after her until he comes to his sense! Great snippet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't Em in the excerpt today, darlin'. This was a memory of how he met his late wife Sara. It's what he's thinking about after the spanking he gave Em, how she had reacted and his getting turned on by it. He's trying to get Em off his mind and does so by thinking about Sara.

      Delete
  3. Love that name, too, "Corbet." Different. Thank you again for doing all the work for this hop thing, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when someone thanks me for doing this hop. What most don't know is though, I mostly do it for me. I love my book soap opera day. I get hooked on so many talented authors and it's a nice way to keep up with what they're doing. I always get a huge smile on my face when I see your name on the sign-up. You have me hooked on Maks and I also have this toast burning chick who ends up in outer space with the multi-talented Dom of Doms.

      Delete
  4. Brothers can be so embarrassing - "You just want to kiss Corbet."
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all know they do it on purpose, Daryl. Guys like it when a girl blushes, especially if it's because she likes him ;-)
      Thanks for visiting. ☺

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet and sexy scene today, Melody! (Why is it we always want what we can't or shouldn't have?) I really do look forward to more ... but spooky and spicy always sounds good to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YaY! One person wants spooky and spicy. ~Does a little happy dance with Shelly~
      What I really wanna do is deck my blog out for Halloween and post that short story in 3 parts up until the week of Halloween. But thanks to google and bloggers constant need to change and rearrange things in the settings I am having a hard time even uploading a background image.
      It's a good short fun piece just for Halloween.. and it'll only ever be published on my blog or maybe in an anthology somewhere, someday.
      Thanks for stopping, Shelly. Wip Wednesdays wouldn't the same without you ☺

      Delete
    2. Okay, now you're getting me in the mood to write a Halloween post. I won't go as far as a short story ... but perhaps I could conjure up a spooky, spanky, anal scene for my friend Melody? You know, just a little Halloween snippet that could possibly be worked into my WIP later on? I write Christmas scenes all the time ... why not work in a trick or treat scene? I just checked the calendar and the Wednesday before Halloween is October 29. Oooh this might be fun!! ;)

      Delete
  6. OH OH OH OH OH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Did someone say the word pony? How absolutely, delightfully marvellous. When is this book out. The tormented romance and heart wrenching desire is all very well, but PONIES! I love ponies... ~Gribble~ (That's grinning while dribbling). Seriously, though, loved this piece. A Romeo and Juliette style tragedy, perhaps - or will there be a happy ending for the pair. Anyways, safe to say I love your kisses. May there be many more... And when's the release date? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gribble... omg, I love it! What a wonderful word! grinning while dribbling... you about had me peeing my pants woman.
      Although this book mentions ponies and has small tidbits about them, they are nothing like your ponies! You are the queen of creating a pony-girl. If the publisher likes this when it's done I have plans for some ponies in book two, which will be a more detailed look into the castle of Lancore, where the pretty ponies live. This is the nice book. Book two is going to be the naughty one.
      Release date is a ways off yet, but I hope to get finished soon. Thanks for your awesome comment, Christina and I'm glad your back on Wip it up this week. I'm excited to see more of your vampire story.

      Delete
  7. I got so excited there I forgot to use half a dozen question marks. The grammar police will need to arrest me. I hope I get a good spanking... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I think some *needs* a good spanking. Thinking about ponies has you all worked up. *giggles*

      Delete
  8. what lovely tension in this bit... you too, miss, are an incredible tease :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joelle. I have been mentored well, no? *wink-wink*

      Delete
  9. I love the build up here.....how frustrating for her! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corinne. And thank you for sharing my WIp post with your readers today. In fact you shared a good lot of them. I'm looking forward to your post next week. Thanks for joining. ☺

      Delete
  10. I'm pretty pleased to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for
    your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and i
    also have you saved to fav to look at new stuff on your blog.


    Also visit my web-site ... house renovations ideas,
    http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com/,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Anonymous,
    I can't read your page... it's Chinese. :(

    ReplyDelete