Tuesday, September 2, 2014

How much is a virgin worth in Lancore?


Hi folks. Before I jump into this weeks excerpt. I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you who made last week a bit more bearable for me while I was sick. Although I'm not 100% back to normal, I am mostly recovered and feeling a whole lot better. We are also slowly but surely making a recovery from the lightening strike to our home as well. Thank you all for your get well wishes, gifts and concern.

Last week we saw Emilia on Lancore's auction block and this week we will find out who exactly stakes claim to this lovely young beauty. 

Putting a hand on her shoulder, he guided her to turn around. Once she had completed the task she felt his hand in the middle of her back, pushing her so that she bent over. Whistles came from the crowd and voices rose and fell in appreciation.
 

Em thought she was going to faint as his hands worked between the furrow of her buttocks and spread them open, revealing her dark bottom hole in all its shame. 

“Look how the frightened little bird trembles. Won’t this be a delicious treat.” His finger grazed over the tense puckered skin of her anus and she pulled forward, mortified that anyone would ever touch her there. 
Hooking a hand on the ropes around her wrists, he guided her to stand back up, and turn to the crowd.
“On your knees, dove,” he instructed.
 

Feeling deflated and utterly shamed, she dropped to the wooden planks of the platform while glimpsing a look at the auctioneer before hanging her head. He was a big man, although not as tall as she expected. The leather mask covering his face looked worn and faded, she could only wonder how many times he stood in the hot midday sun and sold captives to the tyrants of Lancore.
 

“What is she worth, gentleman?  And might I remind you before you insult her worth, she is our last slave of the day.” An outburst of boo’s and jeers came from the bidders. When the voices died down, he continued. “But as usual, after the completion of our last bid, you are all invited to Bart’s for a round of his finest brew while he gives a public inspection of his newly acquired purchase.” The air practically rumbled as the men gave voice to their appreciation.
 

“Five-hundred,” a deep voice rose from the cheers and claps.
 

Em felt her heart suddenly stop, the bidding had started. It wouldn’t be long before some strange masked man took possession of her, probably with the intent to deflower her as quickly and as much as possible.
 

“Not bad, my good man, but not nearly what this dove is worth. Who will give me a respectable bid for one such as this?”
Em felt his hand on the top of her head and he began stroking her hair. She prayed to be back in Melbourne, crying in her mother's arms as she explained her horrible ordeal. Her father would figure out the vagrants had not captured her and she knew his next move would be to search Lancore for his missing daughter. He may not be able to persuade the help of many, but he would gather enough strong men to aid him.
 

“Six-hundred,” came the calm, familiar voice of the kind man.
Em lifted her eyes, searching in the direction of this mans voice. She wasn’t sure why, but she wanted to see this man. His voice was tender, having a distinguished quality that she couldn’t help but admire.
 

“Ha! I will give a thousand for her myself,” the auctioneer boasted and Emilia stiffened.
She held tight to her hope that her father would indeed come looking for her soon, and prayed to be put in the hands of someone who might give her a couple of days to adjust before taking her virginity. She would promise to be obedient and willing if he would spare her some time to adjust to the idea. 
 

“Fifteen-hundred!” came a deep commanding voice. A voice Em had not yet heard bid or in the murmuring voices.
 

“Finally a respectable sum for a virgin… Do I hear more?”
 

“Eighteen-hundred.” It was the kind man. Em felt her hopes rise and her head turn toward his gentle voice. He would be patient with her, she could sense it.
 

“Two-thousand!” the authoritative voice boomed, clearly trying to intimidate his opponent.
 

“Twenty-five hundred,” came the smooth, unwavering voice of the man she hoped would keep bidding on her.
 

A deep growl came from the other man. Em’s head turned and spotted the large, impatient man as he yelled. “Twenty-seven!” He was a Goliath of a man, and a cold shiver coiled up her spine. He would rip her apart. She prayed as the silent tension hung in the air.
 

“What is one more bid, my friend. Surely you do not wish to go home empty handed.”
 

“You keep out of it, rattle-tongue,” the mammoth man growled.
 

“Three-thousand!” the kind man said. Em noticed just a hint of worry in his voice and hoped that his opponent had not. If that monster got his hands on her he would likely end up killing her. Angels in heaven have mercy.
 

Whispers tore through the crowd while Em held her breath, looking at the big man who others were now moving away from. She saw his giant fists clenched at his side, the cords in his neck bulging. He was breathing like a heated bull, and finally his voice thundered. “Take her!” he said, shaking his fists at the auctioneer before turning to make his way out of the crowd… defeated.
Em’s heart lifted and she took a deep breath thanking God.
 

“Congratulations, sir. You can pay the attendant near the tents, and then collect your prize at the bottom of the steps.” 

With that concludes my edition to this weeks #wipitup. 
I hope you'll enjoy the rest of this weeks blogs by our very lovely and talented authors.





21 comments:

  1. Oh my... I love love love an auction! Glad to hear things are getting back to normal and that you're doing better. I totally missed this week but will be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, you sweetheart you. Thank you so much for the well wishes. I am thankful to be feeling back to my old self again.
      Please don't worry about missing a week. That's the beauty of blog hopping. You can pick and chose when participation works and or fits into your schedule and when it doesn't. I have 'Given to the Savage' on my kindle and can't wait to dig into it soon, very soon. Hopefully tonight after the Gym ☺

      Delete
  2. Your house got hit by lightning - how terrifying.
    The tension of her fears during this auction were palatable.
    Tweeted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daryl. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for being a first time participant on #wipitup. I loved the opening to your medieval story, 'Black Dorn'. I'll be eager to see more of this very soon. ☺

      Delete
  3. Glad you're better, we missed you!! God, I love an auction! So delicious --the public humiliation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, thanks so much. I've never been more thankful for a diagnosis in all my life. So glad for the antibiotics that is currently killing what that nasty little woodtick left behind.
      Geezzz, I just shudder to think something so small could do that to me.

      Delete
  4. oo yum. I love the bidding war :) It'll be great to see this completed :) and it is so good to hear health and house are improving for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joelle. It's good to feel good again.

      Delete
  5. OOh you had me worried. I was thinking the beast with the cords of his neck bulging (I liked that bit very much :) ) was going to have her, and I praying for the nice young man along with her. Phewee. I still think she's in for it, though!!! Loved the tension, loved the frantic bidding of the auction and her humiliation at being bared for all... simply delicious. YuM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunty Ann, nice to meet you. I'm glad you liked the excerpt and I agree, -Golm- the beast of a man with the bulging cords in his neck is one scary dude. I'm happy that the kind sir won her bid also. I invite you back next week to find out what he does with his new pleasure slave. Have a wonderful week, Aunty Ann.

      Delete
  6. I do love an auction. I can't wait to read this. When is it going to be out on Amazon. For a while, at least, I am on a book buying freeze. After reading this blurb, I will be making an exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jule, thank you for visiting my blog. Since I am only about half way through this story I don't think it will be published for a while yet. I am thrilled by how much you like it and I know your going to love it when it's finished.
      I do hope your daughter is settling back into things at school and that the close of summer is going well for you and your family. The leaves are just starting to turn and soon there will be an explosion of color all around us. I love watching them change.

      Delete
    2. Glad you are feeling better. Ashley has settled into her new digs up at Michigan State. She is loving Nursing School. I am working hard to help pay for it. I am looking forward to my week end off. Going to spend it reading. I have already broken my book buying freeze. (SSSSHHHHH, don't tell my hubby). Based on a review by Cara B. I bought a new book last night. Just got to the good part.

      I am SO looking forward to your new book. Does it have a title yet? You know I'll buy it the day it comes out. You ARE that good. Yes, the fall colors are something to behold! Happy Fall, Y'all.

      Delete
    3. Jule you're an awesome mom. Our youngest daughter was a CNA for a little while and worked a couple of summers in a nursing home. Her plan was to go to for her Nursing degree also, but then she met a boy and omg... let's just say we couldn't pay her to go to collage after that. :(

      I won't tell on you for picking up another book. I also picked up one of the books Cara suggested on her blog last week because she made them all sound so good.
      I am truly humbled that you enjoy my books so much. It's readers like you that fuel me to keep writing. Thank you so much. (Happy Fall, Y'all) <--- Loved that and right back at you, Jule.

      Delete
    4. Care to share??? I'm dying to know what book Cara suggested you bought? I got Wanting it All. It was VERY good.

      Delete
    5. Sure Jule. I bought Cat Nip. Jinxed book 1. It's a paranormal about a witch and a shifter. I've not cracked it open yet though. I'm trying to put all my time into finishing up Emilia. (Tentative title for the Wip I've been sharing) I have about 1/3 yet to finish on it and as usual for me, I struggle to find how to end the story.

      Delete
    6. Sounds so good. I love paranormal books. I'm getting a good paycheck with our quarterly bonus on Thursday so I am going to treat myself to a few books. I know you will come up with the perfect ending to Emilia. What you've shared so far is fantastic!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you are doing better ... we were all so worried about you!! This auction is just luscious ... can't wait for MORE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelly. I am so thankful to be back to normal. Well, what is normal for me anyway... lol. Me and sick do not get along. It amazes me that one tiny little bug could do so much damage to a person. I am going to be stocking up on deeps woods off from now on.
      Glad you enjoyed the snippet. I am really getting into Dana's story and think the way you are writing a story within a story is very unique.

      Delete
  8. Phew, that was tense and kept me on edge.
    Glad you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jaye. Thankful to be doing better. Glad you enjoyed the excerpt too.

      Delete